Home » Composition in 2 Genres

Composition in 2 Genres

Here, with an understanding of GMOs and how the majority of the general public still have suspicion on GMOs despite the immense number of scientists who are on board with their safety and acknowledgements of their benefits, I thought it would be best to find a way to convey the real message of GMOs to a wide range of people or particularly people who are still heavily against GMOs. Ideally, the way we present this information is through accessing platforms in which certain many people can access and also particularly target science conspiracists that may contribute to providing fearful, pseudo-science based information in which may be the reason why the controversy of GMOs exist.

These mediums of preferred communication include a news article and a commercial.

Almost everyone reads the news, however, there are contrasting news sources that may be biased or go a bit more extreme. Thus, I decided that a news article that contains factual information on the safety and benefits of GMOs will be best to address a wide range of readers. In addition, theoretically, if we somehow place these types of news articles on new sources that may not be reliable or utilize ideas that aren’t back up be science well, this will be the most ideal news source to put it in. For my example, it would be the Huffington Post, however, it can be replaced by any news source that you can think of that can reach a wide range of people. That’s the point. Since there are so many people that are fearful of GMOs, it’s best to approach them with readily available information that will confirm their safety.

Next, there are commercials that convey that GMOs are bad through their use of many actors and other non-GMO organizations to promote their agenda. This may be why people are in love with the labels such as “organic” and “non-GMO” or “made with genetic engineering.” To combat this, I thought it would be best to compose a commercial of our own to show that the fear of GMOs is ridiculous. Furthermore, I would do this by comparing the types of genetic engineering that existed before it arrived at the lab; Cross Breeding and Cross Contamination. Not once have humanity has questioned the detrimental impacts of these traditional genetic engineering methods, yet here we are today, questioning the dangers of GMOs on our health when it is done in the lab. This is important especially since all these 3 methods fall under the same umbrella. Commercials that can acknowledge this idea as well as be seen by a plethora of people makes it the perfect genre to convey an important message.

To visually see these ideas, take a look at my posts, “Composition in 2 Genres” Part 1 and 2.